View Profile retard18426

All 22 Movie Reviews

8 w/ Responses

Incredibly catchy

I have to admit, when I first started watching this, I thought it was going to be a complete waste of my time. The simple white line drawings on the black background seemed very sub-par, and the tune started off kind of slow, although it wasn't too bad. I decided to continue watching, however, as a devoted Star Wars fan, and I'm so very glad I did. Thank you for proving my first instinct wrong, this was really quite something! The simple animation style that almost turned me away at first is something I fell in love with more and more as the movie progressed. It fits the song perfectly, and the lips on the singers move almost perfectly in time with the lyrics (as does the snapping). The style here is truly unique, something I have not seen before. The corny humor throughout this is great, you put a fair amount in without going over the top, and got a fair few smiles out of me. I particularly liked the use of images in place of words (F+horse=force, egg+swing=X-Wing, and best of all, how to wear a "hood"). The place where this really shines, though, is the music. Once it picks up, the tune is something I can't stop listening to. None of the lyrics really lie so far outside the Star Wars universe that they don't fit, AND they flow wonderfully. I really must commend you for doing both with the same song. I rated this high on interactivity, simply because I can't stop singing it. I was singing lines from it repeatedly through my morning shower today, and it still hasn't become boring yet. I think I'm going to need therapy to stop listening to this. Great work, I hope to see more submissions like this from you in the future.

Randy Solem, you are my hero

This stunning finish to the most stunning flash saga ever is everything I could have expected, and more. It demonstrates near-perfection in every aspect imaginable, I honestly don't even know where to start. I guess the simple things should come first. The animation was excellent, everything flowed so smoothly and all those custom sprites you had to create fit in seamlessly with the ones taken directly from the game. The music selection was superb, every single tune you stuck in there, whether it was from the world of Mario or an alternate source, somehow seemed to fit the mood perfectly, with no exceptions. The same goes for the sound effects, and basically any other technicalities you had to deal with. One of the best things of all in this movie, however, was the emotion you put into this. There were two scenes in particular that were real tearjerkers. The first scene, in which Mario had memories of his infancy and younger days with Luigi, and, of course, the final scene, which was touching to the point that it rivals the level of emotion in the original funeral scene from Rise 1. As for the plot, that was great, I loved how you used the 1-Up Mushroom to bring a tragic story to a happy end. The humor was also great, and although Wart's ass is not a pretty sight, his final fart in the presence of the fireflower brought a noteworthy smile to my face. Then there is also the humor found in all those great little easter eggs, especially the desert signs, the tribute to "Mario Gets Lucky," and, most of all, Arnie. Congratulations, Randy, you are a true master of flash and Video Game parodies.

Sick, but different

I have to admit, I was initially tempted to give you a rock-bottom score on this submission when I first saw the completed image, but after giving it some deeper thought, I decided it warranted a bit more, primarily because it was so creative. The music was rather annoying, but you have a rather unique style of art. Although I hate to admit it, you designed the flower's penis very well. Yes, it was gross, but if flowers had dicks, I imagine that is exactly what they'd look like. I don't know why this is rated as appropriate for all ages, or why you had to show the flower at the exact moment of ejaculation, but overall, this was an okay game.

That was inspirational...

...after all, it is rather hard to deny that this animation inspired some of the funniest reviews I have ever read. Although the several seconds I wasted on the movie were rather disappointing, the reviews more than made up for it. I was literally bent over double with laughter for minutes at a time while reading some of them. Thank you for making this flash, not because it entertained me, but because it inspired some of the most hilarious responses I've seen in my life.

Very enjoyable

That was a really funny flick, and it sent a good message, too. You did a nice job with the sprite animation, to the point where it took me back to the memories of one of my favorite games on the SNES. It was also pretty accurate, in terms of the effects steriods can have on the human body. Mega Man X and steroids was a great combination, I don't know how you thought of it but I got a lot of great little laughs from the jokes you placed throughout the course of that animation. Great work ;)

I hope you will reimburse me...

...for the pair of pants I soiled while watching this. This was frickin' hilarious, I was in hysterics the whole way through. I loved how you used all the serious dialogue, and then interrupted the most dramatic moments with various sounds of flatulence. As if that wasn't funny enough, the facial expressions were simply priceless. It feels like I should have scored such a short flick slightly lower, but the giggle factor really made this unbearably funny, and quite worthy of a high score.

Once again, you have catered to my childish humor

Just like with so many of your other short flicks, great sprite work, nice use of sounds, and hilarious driving concept. I liked the whole "Act 69" idea, it's little details like this that make such short films into masterpieces. And no matter how hard I try not to laugh, farting never seems to get old ;)

Can't wait for 4

Before I get started on the movie, the Easter Egg scene was pretty funny. And like the first two, the music, graphics, and animation are phenomenal. The beginning of this made a quite startling revelation concerning the first two movies, I have to admit it quite surprised me. Nice twist, although I feel terrible for poor Luigi. I liked how he used the stopwatch to save Mario, which appropriately appeared after he pulled the fifth vegetable. The Spiderman trailer music that plays as Mario flies to take on Wart is very fitting, and Princess Peach's own actions are quite intriguing. The battle against Mouser was pretty funny, especially at the end, when he fell into the jar. ROTMK is, in all honesty, the best series of Flash movies I have ever seen, and I eagerly await Part 4. This one, in particular, foreshadows great things to come.

A brilliant addition to the first ROTMK

Like before, the graphics and sound effects fit the Mushroom Kingdom setting perfectly. I find this one a lot more humorous than the first, and have a strong appreciation for the small details, such as the squishing sound of the army walking through the puddle of blood. As a long time Mario fan, I also have a good appreciation for more subtle humor, like the 1-UP that popped up after Yoshi took out the whole row of Parakoopas, and Luigi's use of the Minus-World trick The style of the battles was wxcellent, I particularly liked the outdoor battle scene between the Koopas and Mushroom Kingdom residents, along with Luigi's final battle against Bowser. The last scene was another favorite. I liked the winter environment, and it was very emotional, watching Luigi go to visit his brother's grave to spend a moment alone in reflection. The inscription "Brother, Friend, HERO" was enough to almost put me in tears again. That last twist at the very end is great, too. I loved this!

Simply breathtaking

Wow, so much to say on this one. First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on the excellent graphic style of the movie. The characters and sprites make it look like theis was directly out of a game, rather than reconstructed with ripped sprites and backgrounds. The music selection was also excellent. I particularly liked the use of the Titanic theme in the funeral scene, it added a really nice touch. That had to have been the most emotional moment I've ever seen in any animation, I was almost in tears myself while I watched them crying as the coffin was lowered into the ground. And the way you could see the thirst for revenge in Luigi's eyes, the way he went to avenge his brother, all added to the emotion. One of the funnier moments was when the Yoshis mauled the Lakitus that flew by the bushes, and the end of the battle really leaves you begging for more. Great work, this really sets a high standard for other Flash movies!

I'm a nice guy with a sick sense of humor. I have no talent whatsoever with Flash, but I do believe the reviews I write on this site are somewhat helpful. Feel free to PM me.

30, Male